Providers need to be familiar with the 90471 CPT Codes. This Current Procedural Terminology code, as well as all other CPT codes, is an important part of getting reimbursed for the services you offer. In order to get paid by insurance providers, you must code your claims accurately each and every time. Clean claims are the gateway to an optimized revenue cycle.
What does this mean for you? This means that by taking the time to familiarize yourself with the CPT codes in your specialty, you can take more steps to strengthen your bottom line. The 90471 CPT code is one that is used quite frequently and is important to know.
Definition of the 90471 CPT Code
The Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) code 90471 as maintained by American Medical Association, is a medical procedural code under the range – Immunization Administration for Vaccines/Toxoids.
When to Use the 90471 CPT Code
Should a provider administer a live attenuated vaccine using a percutan, intradermal, subcutaneous, or intramuscular route to a patient, then they would use this code to bill for that service.
Other Codes in This Set:
90472 – Should additional vaccines be administered during this time, then code 90472 would be used. It should be billed for each additional vaccine product administered in the same way as code 90471.
90473 – For an administration that is administered orally or intranasal, this code would be used. This should only be used if one single product is administered.
90474 – This code is for each additional product administered in the same method as code 90473.
How to Improve Your Coding Process
The most effective way to improve your use of the 90471 CPT code and improve your coding/claims process overall is to use one of two resources.
The right software can help you navigate the coding process so that you can increase clean claims and boost your bottom line.
A quality billing solution offers the following features and benefits:
- Electronically bill primary/secondary insurances
- Bill out-of-network
- Easily check claim status
- Track client and insurance payments
- Track Insurance Authorizations
- All-in-one system that allows you to process client payments directly in your account.
- And More.
Managed Billing Services
A revenue cycle management partner can help you perfect your billing process by taking on the burdens related to your bottom line. As providers, you are not meant to be experts on all things bling. You are meant to be an expert in your field. Why wouldn’t you want to leave your billing to the experts? With a dedicated expert billing partner, you can optimize your revenue cycle.
The key is to find a billing partner that has your best interest in mind. What should you look for?
- Good Track Record – Make sure to partner with an RCM services vendor that is experienced and has a good track record for helping providers like you accomplish their financial goals while taking the burden off of your shoulders.
- Dedicated Specialist – The relationship with your managed billing partner should be personal. There should be a dedicated billing specialist ready to answer your questions and keep you updated on the state of your revenue cycle.
- Total Claim/Denial Management – From claim validation to claim submission, denial follow-up, and payment posting/reconciliation, your billing partner should offer total claim and denial management.
By finding a partner that can help, providers can truly optimize their revenue cycle while focusing more on their clients/patients. MyClientsPlus offers managed billing services. It’s like adding a dedicated team of behavioral health insurance experts to your practice! Schedule a free consultation below.
You deserve to have to worry less about billing and coding the 90471 CPT code correctly. Utilizing billing technology and a managed billing partner can remove the pressure of coding correctly while streamlining your entire billing process and allowing you to focus more on your clients/patients.
Set up a call to learn more about managed billing with the MyClientPlus team.